BVC Job Openings
Safety Foreman/ Carpenter Job Purpose: To support field staff in administering and maintaining OSHA compliant project sites.
Safety Foreman/Carpenter Job Duties: Superior knowledge of OSHA, VOSH and MOSH regulatory codes specific to the concrete construction industry. Ensure that your assigned project is compliant with all governing regulatory codes at all times and that all employees are working within the codes as described in addition to all employer safety policies and procedures. Work directly with our Safety and Health Officer to ensure the same. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction safety having worked for a general contractor or concrete construction firm. The safety foreman/carpenter will develop and administer our safety program and ensure compliance with all regulations issued by MOSH, OSHA and all other government agencies.
Job Duties Include:
- Travel to projects in MD, DC, VA and surrounding areas as assigned
- Perform routine site safety inspections and audits
- Assist job Superintendent in ensuring that project is clean, safe and compliant with all governing authority regulations at all times.
- Incident investigation
- Safety orientation/training and certifications
- Equipment inspections
- Assist Project Manager, HSO with implementation and maintenance of Job Hazard Analysis/Site Specific Safety Plans
- Supply, distribute and monitor/maintain PPE, first aid kits, eye wash stations, concrete burn neutralizer and fire extinguishers
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality; must adhere to Company, departmental and collective bargaining unit policies, procedures and/or agreements.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Work overtime as required.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person when unable
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in construction safety
- Knowledge of relevant codes/standards
- Proficient in fall protection, flagging, excavation, confined space
- Experience with construction equipment safety, including crane signaling and rigging
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the implementation of a safety program
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management
- Strong computer skills
- Clean driving record
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- OSHA 10-hour (30-hour preferred)
- CPR/First Aid
- Fall protection, Leading Edge, Signaling/Rigging, Excavation, Soils, Equipment, Scaffolding, etc.